Refunds Appear Twice In GL Extracts
(Doc ID 1479401.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 03, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 22.214.171.124.0 to 126.96.36.199.1 [Release 7.3.1]
Refund appears twice in GL extracts.
Same refund appears once in the Billed Earned report of one period and again in the Prev Billed Earned report of the subsequent period. This only happens when the refund is created during the first period and processed (for actual payment to customer) in the next period.
Steps to Reproduce :
1. Assume the GL posting dates are 6/17/2011 and 6/18/2011 (a daily posting example)
2. Generate a refund item on the day before the GL posting date (ie., on 6/16/2011)2. Move PVT to 6/17/2011
3. Run pin_refund to process the refund generated.
4. Run GL for "billied_earned" category.
5. Move PVT to the next GL posting date (ie., to 6/18/2011) and run GL for "prev_billed_earned" category.
6. Both outputs contain the impact from the same refund item.
This problem is also seen with pin_ledger_report's "run_report" mode.
The commands used for the run_report mode are below (for step 4 and 5 respectively) -
At step 4 -
pin_ledger_report -mode run_report -start 6/16/2011 -end 6/17/2011 -type billed_earned -detail -report billed_earned.out -verbose -test
At Step 5 -
pin_ledger_report -mode run_report -start 6/17/2011 -end 6/18/2011 -type prev_billed_earned -detail -report prev_billed_earned.out -verbose -test
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document