The First Message Published by RPM Through RIB While RIB AQ Database Is Down Is Getting Lost
Last updated on AUGUST 17, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Retail Price Management - Version 13.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
If a newly created price change is approved while the RIB AQ database is shutdown, the message gets successfully hospitalized. However, if a price change that has previously been successfully approved while the RIB database is up, then is moved back to worksheet status while the RIB database is up, and is then re-approved while the RIB database is shut down, the message is not hospitalized and is lost.
Note that this occurs during a scenario in which the AQ crashes or goes offline while the RIB is up. Only a single message (the first message published) is lost. Subsequent messages are rolled back and handled correctly.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create and approve a price change.
2. Set the approved price change back to 'worksheet' status.
3. Bring the RIB database down.
4. Approve the price change again.
5. Note that the message is not reaching the RIB Hospital table, but the price change is getting approved in RPM and the message is lost.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms