Validation Problem For Field Having Integer Data Type In Payment Tool
(Doc ID 1483219.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 14, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 220.127.116.11.0 to 18.104.22.168.0 [Release 7.4.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
After adding a custom field in the Payment Tool which has a data type integer, we cannot edit the value because the Payment Tool prompts an error that the value entered is not in range even though we did not put any validation logic or declare data range. Please see below for the steps that were performed:-
1. Modify /config/payment to add custom pay types
2. Create new event/billing/payment/ and event/billing/reversal/ class for the new pay type which contains all fields that should be displayed in the payment tool.
3. Update /config/paymenttool to add custom pay types and fields to be displayed.
4. After successful execution of steps above, login to payment tool and select added custom pay type.
5. Enter value on field with data type integer. Move to another field. – When we try to move to another field after putting value on the custom integer field, error occurred that says the value entered is not in range.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!