Extending Productized Cartridges
(Doc ID 1493365.1)
Last updated on MAY 16, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Communications Order and Service Management - Version 7.2.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
OSM 7.2 has most of the component cartridges sealed as productized cartridges. We get a warning mentioning the support will be void if we unseal a productized cartridge. Keeping that in mind, we would like to understand Oracle's guidance on how we can extend these cartridges for the following requirements
1. Changes to the order item specification to add new order item properties
2. Changes to order to add new events
3. Changes to order to add new Data Change notifications
4. Addition of new roles and associating it to order life-cycle policy
5. Changes to order life-cycle policy
Can you provide the best practices to be followed if we are not allowed to unseal the cartridge. If Oracle's recommendation is to unseal the cartridge, we would like to ensure that Oracle would still support issues in these cartridges. Ww would appreciate it if you can share some best practice documents for extending these entities in OSM
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!