Credit Control Notifications Not Working for Grant Cases
(Doc ID 1495137.1)
Last updated on MARCH 06, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 188.8.131.52.0 to 184.108.40.206.0 [Release 7.4.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Consider the following scenario:
- Have non currency bucket of $500 and the usage is discounted from this bucket.
- Once the $500 has been consumed from this non-currency bucket the customer actually gets charged.
- A discount is configured to accumulate the charges once the non-currency bucket (Aggregator) has been consumed completely.
- Fixed thresholds configured on the Aggregator at |5|10|15 respectively.
- When usage comes for a charge of $550 initial $500 is given as a discount, as the $500 bucket is available and a value of $50 is accumulated in the aggregator bucket.
The following 2 issues exist:
Even though thresholds are configured at |5|10|15 for the aggregator bucket the balance breach XML is not generated for this scenario.
However, when the usage comes for a charge of $502, first $500 is discounted from the bucket and $2 is charged and also accumulated in the aggregator non-currency bucket.
When the next usage comes for a charge of $5, the aggregator is added for the $5 and then now the aggregator is having a value of $7 and this breaches the fixed thresholds configured at 5, and it is generating the balance breach XML in this case.
When the impact is happening via discount, system is not able to monitor the non-currency bucket till the first balance bucket is created.
BRM should generate the balance breach XML.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document