Last updated on JULY 11, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Agile Engineering Data Management - Version 18.104.22.168 to 22.214.171.124 [Release 6.1.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Checked Currency on 26-08-2014
On Oracle Agile e126.96.36.199
Find that after a redeployment of the business service the values in the connection pool of the eSeriesDataSource-set in the weblogic console are lost and the default values are set again.
How to set the values for Initial Capacity, Maximum Capacity, Connection Reserve Timeout and Inactive Connection Timeout permanently?
The values should persist also after a redeployment
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Start the WebLogic Console for the appropriate environment in a browser and connect
(URL must be something like http://:7105/console where 7105 is the port for the appropriate domain)
2. See left side on the Home window the small browser window with 'Domain Structure' for domain eSeries_domain_ and select 'Environment'
3. Select the first entry 'Servers' in the 'Summary of Environment' window
4. Select the eSeries.... entry from the 'Servers' list in the 'Configuration' tab
5. You see now on the 'Settings for eSeries... page two rows of tabs, please choose the upper 'Deployments' tab
6. Select the 'BusinessService'
7. Below the 'Settings for 'BusinessService' in the 'Modules and Components' list you will find the eSeriesDataSource_ between the 'Modules', select it please
8. On the 'Settings for eSeriesDataSource_' page open the tab 'Configuration', and change the values in the tab 'Connection Pool':
- Initial Capacity = 100
- Maximum Capacity=100
- Connection Reserve Timeout=15
- Inactive Connection Timeout=30
For that purpose you have to click the button "Lock&Edit" on the upper left and after the change the button "Release Configuration"
9. If an error comes up similar to this one just repeat the step 8 again:
[J2EE Deployment SPI:260140]Unable to remove descriptor bean weblogic.j2ee.descriptor.wl.JDBCPropertyBeanImpl@c37e07([eSeriesDataSource_]/JDBCDriverParams/Properties/Properties[user]) due to 'Unable to remove bean since not defined in plan'. The remover should first check to see if the bean is removable in the deployment plan prior to removing it.
10.Leave Weblogic Console and execute redeployment command for the business services (check that you have provided the appropriate properties file):
setup.cmd j2eeappserver.deploy.businessservice -propertyfile properties\batch.properties > deploy_businessservice.log 2>&1
11. Restart the Weblogic console and check the values
=> Values are set to standard values again
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms