Transaction Queue Gets Stuck Due To Issue In Customer Address Line Update In DataBase
Last updated on AUGUST 17, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Retail Point-of-Service - Version 13.0.4 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Oracle Retail Point of Service (ORPOS) , 'TransactionQueue.queue' is stuck due to an issue with updating the customer address line in the database.
Steps To Reproduce:
1. Log into POS and Add a customer with the following details:
• First Name: ABC
• Last Name: XYZ
• Address Line 1: testing
• Address Line 2: C\O John Smith
2. Press F3/Link and Note the customer ID.
3. Go to the Customer Search Options screen and enter the customer ID .
4. Press F3/Link.
5. Go to the Customer Search Options screen and enter the customer ID from Step 2 and search.
The customer information is displayed. Note the Address Line 2 will be C\\OJohn Smith. Every time this customer is searched, one more backslash gets added. When the number of characters exceed the database column maximum size of 240, the transaction queue is stuck.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms