POS Sends The Auth Request Twice For a Debit Tender When a Timeout is Encountered
(Doc ID 1496255.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 20, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Retail Point-of-Service - Version 13.0.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Oracle Retail Point Of Service (ORPOS) find that a transaction tendered with debit card is double charged on timeout at the Authorizer.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Login to ORPOS.
2. Ring an Item.
3. On 'Tender Options' screen click 'F4 Credit/Debit'.
4. Swipe a valid debit card.
5. Key the pin and press Enter.
6. Disconnect the network cable during the Card Authorization process.
7. Application prompts the message "Debit Card Network is down or timeout. Press YES to retry."
8. Connect the Network cable and press YES to retry.
9. Observe that customer was charged twice for this transaction.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document