Event Process Extension (PX) is Failing on the getValue Method
Last updated on AUGUST 21, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Agile PLM Framework - Version 184.108.40.206 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
***Checked for relevance on 11-May-2015***
When attempting to trigger Change Status Event PXs, they update some fields but not others and are failing on the getValue() method, the following error occurs in the History Tab and Event Monitor
Call APIException.getRootCause() for details
Error in the application server log when printing out the stack trace in code - e.printStackTrace();
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor164.invoke(Unknown Source)
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. In Java Client, create some Change Status Event PXs that update multiple attributes including calculating date fields to find out how many days have been in each status.
2. Create a change order and see that the date fields have been populated with the current time stamp by the PX.
3. Change the status to Submitted.
4. See that the Submitted date and week have populated but the ‘Days in Originated’ has not. It should be ‘0’. The number of business days between the Date Originated and the Date Submitted.
5. In the history tab and Event Monitor it shows the error:
eco_mco_change_metrics:Call APIException.getRootCause() for details
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms