BILL DESCRIPTION FOR CALCULATION LINE WRONG IF THE TOU RATE=0
Last updated on DECEMBER 20, 2012
Applies to:Oracle Utilities Customer Care and Billing - Version 1.5.20 to 2.1.0 [Release 1.5 to 2.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 22.214.171.124 version, BI - Billing
TOU bill factors with zero rate values do not print correctly in the Description on Bill column on the Financial / Bill Segment / Calc Lines page.
When a zero rate value follows a dollar amount rate value, the zero does not print - the dollar amount prints again.
1. When a BF TOU Value has a zero value, it is displayed correctly in the Description on the bill
2. When a BF TOU Value has no zero value, it is displayed correctly in the Description on the bill
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. System has the following TOU Rate Values defined in the SA: ON = 0.123, OFF = 0.00, SH = 0.012
And on the Rate Component, the Calc Line Description is built using these wildcards: %O Charge for %Q kWh Usage at %R Price
And the Billable Usage per TOU are as follows: ON = 789 kWh, OFF = 456 kWh, SH = 123 kWh
2. When billing runs, the engine will generate the following calculation lines:
Calc Line 1 = On Peak Charge for 789 kWh Usage at $0.123 Price, Calc Amount = 789 * 0.123
Calc Line 2 = Off Peak Charge for 456 kWh Usage at $0.123 Price, Calc Amount = 466 * 0.00
Calc Line 3 = Should Charge for 123 kWh Usage at $0.012 Price, Calc Amount =123 * 0.012
3. The calculated amounts are all correct but the bill description for calculation line 2 is not.
The issue has the following business impact:
CC&B calculations are correct, but calc lines read and used by CSRs are incorrect and can be confusing.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms