Shipment Message For Catch Weight Items Does Not Include Weight
(Doc ID 1498502.1)
Last updated on MARCH 03, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Retail Warehouse Management System - Version 13.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
After performing unit picking for catch weight item (item’s simple pack = N), the unit quantity is published as units erroneously. The unit quantity must be published as weight when the outbound Advance Shipment Notice (ASN) message is not for warehouse to warehouse transfer.
Steps to recreate:
- Setup a catch weight item in Oracle Retail Merchandising System (RMS), by setting the flag to Y, the standard unit of measure to kilogram , the conversion factor to 1 and the case pack to 1
- Create a Purchase Order (PO) for that catch weight item
- Receive that item and the weight of each pallet is sent to ORMS, updating the stock on hand values correctly
- Putaway the item (hot replenish the unit picking location)
- Create a transfer for that item.
- Pick that item using the unit pick functionality
- At the end of picking for each pallet/item combination, the system asks the user to weight the item and input its value in the system
- Move the item to the marshalling (outbound) lane
- Proceed with the shipping process
- The Shipping message published to RMS has the unit quantity picked instead of the weight. This will update the stock quantities in such a way that discrepancies will be in place between RMS and Oracle Retail Warehouse Management System (RWMS), as ORMS always orders at the standard unit of measure level, which in this case is kilogram.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document