Incorrect Discount Proration For Migrated Accounts
Last updated on DECEMBER 18, 2012
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 18.104.22.168.0 to 22.214.171.124.0 [Release 7.3.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
1. Cycle forward recurring charge and discount are billed in legacy billing system based on legacy billing account's bill period (e.g. DOM 16)
2. Billing account is migrated into BRM using CMT with a different bill period (e.g. DOM 19)
3. Recurring charge and discount are migrated into BRM using CMT with the corresponding charged_from and charged_to dates.
4. Bill is generated for migrated account on the new bill period (e.g. DOM19) with correct pro-rated recurring charge but incorrect pro-rated discount.
100% discount is not getting applied for CF 144.77, its applied only 132.
100% discount should have applied for CF 144.77.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Accounts, services, products, and discounts are loaded via CMT on Aug 16th, DOM was set 19 and corresponding charged_from and charged_to dates [ 16th July to 16th Aug.]
2. BRM’s PVT date is set to 19th Aug 2012
3. Migrated account’s Aug bill is run via pin_bill_day/pin_bill_accts
5. CF applied correctly for the product from 16th Aug to 19th Sept with 144.77 [ 132 + 12.77] amount.
4. But Discount not applyed correctly [ from 16th Aug till 19th August is not 100%]. Looks its applying only for Aug 19th to Sept 19th [ -132]
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms