MRP Planning Is Not Planning For All The MPS Demand
Last updated on FEBRUARY 01, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Advanced Supply Chain Planning - Version 12.1.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
A. Customer using OPM
B. The output shows that most demand is planned for and only past due demand is not being planned
C. This can happen in a single plan as well - does not require that you have Hub and Spoke planning using separate MPS and MRP plans
1. Top level item is MPS planned - M00100Y159400 component is MRP planned - P004 - and is only has demand from this top level item top level item - 1,000 KG demand for M00100Y159400 means 600 kg demand for component P004
2. MRP Plan id :2023 - CL_MRP_WK
MPS PLan id :2024 - CL_MPS_WK
3. Items query shows that component P004 is only in the MRP plan
ORGANIZATION_ID INVENTORY_ITEM_ID SR_INSTANCE_ID PLAN_ID SR_INVENTORY_ITEM_ID ITEM_NAME
374 48826 1 2023 147359 M00100Y159400
374 49242 1 2023 148134 P004
374 48826 1 2024 147359 M00100Y159400
This means that this is not a "sandwich" case where MRP planned item appears in the MPS plan due to bad setups of MPS above and below the MRP item.
4. Screen shots show demand and current supply for P004 is linked to future orders - and not enough orders to planned order demand for top level item demand for 05-OCT at beginning of the plan
We have Top level demand on 05-OCT of 8,400 AND P004 has no planned order demand for that date
-- P004 appears to be missing this demand completely in the output - BUT there is demand and supply for all other orders in the future.
5. Check of demand and supply shows that all demand for M00100Y159400 after 05-OCT demand of 8700 is satisfied by on hand / planned orders for P004. Confirmed that demand for M00100Y159400 is missing for 05-OCT of 8400 - would expect another planned order for 6000 kg (due to Fixed lot multiplier of 1000)
6. Items do not have any Demand or Planning Time fence populated in the plan output on msc_system_items
Run normal MRP plan with MPS plan as demand schedule.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms