"java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string" Error When Trying to Approve Allocation Using ASN
Last updated on OCTOBER 02, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Retail Allocation - Version 13.2 to 13.2.5 [Release 13.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When creating and approving an allocation with a source as one Advanced Shipment Notice (ASN) (which has Alpha Numeric Value) for a Purchase Order (PO) with a non-sellable staple pack item, you cannot approve the second allocation with source as another ASN for the same PO. The following error occurs:
Steps to Reproduce:
Pre-Requisite: The ASN Number must contain alphanumeric characters.
- Create a Purchase Order (PO) for 100 units of a non-sellable simple staple pack.
- Create and ship ASN1 for 60 units and ASN2 for 40 units.
- Create an Allocation such that the demand is quite large using ASN1 (ex: 15000).
- Approve the allocation.
- Create another allocation with ASN2 and try to approve it.
- Notice the approval fails with the status error above.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms