Network Load Balancer Configuration Not Working In OSM Clustered Environment
(Doc ID 1504265.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 05, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Communications Order and Service Management - Version 7.0.0 to 7.2.0 [Release 7.0.0 to 7.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
This note aims to inform customers of that the configuration of Network Load Balancers is outside the extent of support and presents a specific example.
In a system with the following setup:
- Clustered environment which contains 2 managed servers and 1 admin server
- The admin server that is running on box1
- One managed server is running on box1 and other on box2
- OSM application is installed on the 2 managed servers
- Network Load Balancer (NLB) side the configuration is done for VIP (<IPADDRESS>) and ports (<PORT1>, <PORT2>, <PORT3>, <PORT4>)
The NLB VIP and ports for the cluster (i.e managed server 1 and 2 which are hosting OSM) were configured via the weblogic admin console.
When on cluster environment both Managed Servers tried accessing via NLB VIP address, this is the error the user gets:
The same configuration is working fine when using software load balancing (i.e. achieved through a proxy server)
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document