Need To Reopen Permissioning Center To Assign A Person To A Different Role
Last updated on DECEMBER 18, 2012
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 220.127.116.11.0 to 18.104.22.168.0 [Release 7.4.0 to 7.5.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When a Person has been unassigned to a Role, even though it has been saved within Permissioning Center, it still displays the Person assigned to the old Role when clicking on the Details button.
Also, one cannot then assign the same Person to a new Role under the same application as it complains the Person is already assigned to a Role. Behaviour is no different whether the Save button is clicked or not after unassigning the Person from the old Role.
Workaround is to reopen the GUI, after which it will show that the Person is no longer assigned to the old Role, and can then assign the Person to the new Role.
Steps to reproduce (note that we unassign the Person while the People button was selected instead of the Roles button in your steps):
1. Start with Person already assigned to Role
2. Login to Permissioning Center (with CSR with Read/Write priveleges)
3. Select application in droplist for which Person is already assigned to Role
4. Click People button
5. Click left side Actions button -> Find Person to display assigned Person in People list
6. Click right side Actions button -> Show People in Roles
7. Expand and right click Person assigned to Role and select Unassign Person
8. Click Save button
9. Click left side Actions button -> Assign to Role
10. Select a different Role and click OK
11. Error message displays stating already in the Role that was unassigned
Setup includes 7.4 PS12 BRM server and 7.4 MPS1 version of Permissioning Center.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms