Events Created in Outlook Return Zulu Timestamp Instead of the Local Timezone
(Doc ID 1510872.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 26, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Communications Connector for Microsoft Outlook - Version 7.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Outlook Connector 7.3-121
Calendar Server 7u2-7.17
Events created in Outlook (OL) return Zulu timestamps instead of the local timezone. The end result is that Convergence has blank fields when viewing the details of an Oulook-created event.
Steps to reproduce:
1. For starters, ensure that the timezone in OL matches the timezone setting in Convergence/Calendar options (this is the sunUCTimezone attribute setting in the user's LDAP entry).
Additionally, if the user has an icsTimezone attribute setting in LDAP, ensure that it also matches.
2. Create an event in OL, for example, for one hour on a given day.
3. Log into Convergence and select the "week" view for Convergence.
4. Mouse over the event and see the correct date and time of the event.
5. Click on the event to view the details. Note: the date fields are blank.
The commands.0 log for Calendar Server 7 shows the dtstart and dtend are in Zulu time:
So, the real time stored is the Zulu time and not the local timezone.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!