Transaction Code 87 ( Input VAT Posting) Is Posted In TRAN_DATA Based On Total PO Cost And Not On PO Unit Cost.
Last updated on AUGUST 17, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Retail Merchandising System - Version 13.2.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Checked for relevance on 03-Sep-2014
Transaction Code 87 is posted in TRAN_DATA based on total Purchase Order (PO) cost and not on PO unit cost.
Steps to recreate:
1. Create a regular item with unit cost 10 USD and approve the item. Purchase VAT % is 10%.
2. Raise a PO for the regular item with 100 quantities ordered. On this PO, attach expenses (freight expense defined at supplier level) – 5 USD per unit. So the total ELC Cost = 1500 USD
3. Ship and receive the PO at the location and notice that the average cost is computed based on the incoming total PO cost i.e. 1500 USD
4. Notice the transaction postings in TRAN_DATA table
5. Transaction code 20 would be posted correctly based on total PO cost whereas the transaction code 87 would be posted on the VAT % of total PO cost (10% * 1500) and not on PO unit cost (10% * 1000).
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms