Duplicate Records In RPM_FUTURE_RETAIL Is Caused By NEWITEMLOC Batch
Last updated on FEBRUARY 02, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Retail Price Management - Version 12.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Duplicate records were found in RPM_FUTURE_RETAIL table after running a multi-threaded batch program such as NewItemLocBatch.
This causes the following error to occur while approving price events.
"com.retek.platform.exception.RetekUnknownSystemException: @0PACKAGE_ERROR@1ORA-00001: unique constraint (RMS.PK_RPM_PC_TICKET_REQUEST) violated@2RPM_CC_PUBLISH.STAGE_PC_MESSAGES exception id: 1269266208693"
Steps to reproduce:
1. Log in to RPM.
2. Navigate to Promotion -> Create Promotions.
3. Create and approve a simple promotion for an item at the Z1 zone level, with start and end dates in the future.
4. Create and approve a price change for the same item/zone with effective date = promotion end date + 1.
Records are properly created in the RPM_FUTURE_RETAIL table.
5. Log in to RMS.
6. Range the item to a few more stores from the same zone: L1, L2, L3, and L4 (four locations).
Note: The number of locations ranged must be greater than THREAD_LUW_COUNT in the RPM_BATCH_CONTROL table for the NewItemLoc batch.
7. For NewItemLocBatch id in the RPM_BATCH_CONTROL table, set the value of NUM_THREADS to 2.
8. For NewItemLocBatch, set RPM_BATCH_CONTROL.THREAD_LUW_COUNT to 2.
Note: This value must be less than the number of item-locations (in this case, four item-locations).
9. Run NewItemLocBatch.
Duplicate records are created for the newly ranged locations in the RPM_FUTURE_RETAIL table.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms