Effect Of Drip Horizon On Scheduling Newly Assigned Activities Within A Sequence of Dispatched Activities
(Doc ID 1512547.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 03, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Utilities Mobile Workforce Management - Version 2.0 and later
Oracle Real-Time Scheduler - Version 2.1.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
1. Activities A, B and C are scheduled and sent to the mobile device in this order (A, B and C).
2. The crew is on point '#' going from point A to B.
3. A new activity (D) is dispatched to the mobile device.
4. The route remains A, B, C and at last D.
5. It's expected that MWM would recalculate the route setting D after B (between B and C) to achieve the least travel. What actually happens is that MWM conserves the original route: A, B, C and D.
• MWM uses the vehicle GPS (not the one in the mobile device).
• The data provided by the GPS are saved as the position of the crew.
• The activities are all of the same type and have the same attending time window.
• The drip horizon is 3
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document