Attribute Name For Flex Field Defined By Non-English User Is Lost After Being Renaming By English User
Last updated on JANUARY 22, 2015
Applies to:Oracle Agile PLM Framework - Version 220.127.116.11 to 18.104.22.168 [Release 22.214.171.124 to 9.3]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In the multi-language environment where the English language and non-English (i.e. Japanese, Chinese, French, Germany, Spanish, Russian, Korea) language is used,
a Flex Field was created by a non-English Admin user and the attribute name was set to the local language.
After that, the English admin updated the attribute name to an English name for English users.
Now the attribute name defined by the non-English Admin user is replaced with an English attribute name.
Non-English language attribute name (i.e. Japanese attribute name) should not to be replaced by an English attribute name.
Steps to Reproduce
1. Login to Java Client as an admin user and change the user's language preference to Japanese, and then re-login to Java Client
2. Goto Settings > Data Setting > Class and create new part subclass "part_test"
3. Goto Page Three tab of part subclass "part_test"
4. Create a new list attribute, and define the attribute name for Japanese language users. (i.e. "JapaneseAttName")
5. Change the admin user's language preference to English, and re-login to Java Client
6. Update the name of the attribute created in step 4 to define the English attribute name. (i.e."EnglishAttName")
7. Logout from Java Client
8. Restart Agile Application Server
9. Login to Java Client as an admin user, and change the language preference to Japanese, and re-login to Java Client
10. Check the attribute name of the attribute created in step 4. and notice that it is replaced by an English attribute name (i.e."EnglishAttName")
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms