Lifecycle Phase Is Missing for Some Parts or Documents
Last updated on MARCH 08, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Agile Product Collaboration - Version 184.108.40.206 to 220.127.116.11 [Release 9.3]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to Fill Down the values of the Lifecycle phase on an Affected Items tab of a change that has a new lifecycle phase only associated to documents and parts subclass and not the items base class, it fills down the values when there are mixed parts and documents objects but once the save button is pressed it removes the value but Agile still thinks it is there.
To either fill in the values and keep them there once it is saved or to show error when trying to change the status and it is a required field when it is not there.
What is working:
Works as designed when the lifecycle phase is created at the base class.
To create the new phases at the base class level or manually fill them in for all affected items, and do not use the fill-down when there are mixed object types.
1. Go to Java Client | Data Settings | Classes | Parts subclass | Lifecycle Phases tab
2. Create a new Lifecycle 'Test LCP'
3. Go to Documents subclass | Lifecycle Phases tab
4. Create a new Lifecycle 'Test LCP'
5. Go to the Default Change Orders Workflow
6. Make the Change Orders.Affected Items.New Lifecycle Phase required exit field on pending.
7. Log into Web Client
8. Create a new change
9. Add a document and a part affected items.
10. One is missing the lifecycle phase.
11. Try to change the status to Submit and get error that missing exit required field 'Change Orders.Affected Items.New Lifecycle Phase'
12. Modify the part's lifecycle phase to be 'Test LCP'
13. Highlight the cells of both affected items and choose More | Fill-down (selected cells)
14. See that now both have the new lifecycle phase.
15. Click save and the documents lifecycle phase is now blank.
16. Change the status and there is no error and able to change the status.
17. Also able to release the change with out having a lifecycle phase for the document affected item.
18. Back in Java Client create a new lifecycle phase under the Items base class 'Test LCP 2'
19. Now do the above steps and both the document and parts show the lifecycle phase.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms