ExtractUnitStockCount and ExtractUnitAmountStockcount Batches Fail when No Items on Stock Count
(Doc ID 1517245.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 22, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Retail Store Inventory Management - Version 13.2.4 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Steps to reproduce:
- Create a product group where Counting Method = Third Party, Hierarchy Breakdown = Subclass and chose a merchandise hierarchy (dept, class and subclass) that contains 0 items.
- Create a product group schedule with Type = 'Unit' and the product group created previously, and select the start and end date as Today (so it creates the stock count immediately).
- Click on Done, and confirm if stock count is to be created (simulates the batch process that was failing), and an alert with the error ' Error from Error in PRODUCT_GROUP_ITEMS.DO_BREAK_DOWN_BY_SUBCLASS procedure: ORA-06502: PL/SQL: numeric or value error' pops up.
1. Create a Unit & Amount product group with counting method as 'Unguided' and hierarchy breakdown as 'Subclass'.
2. Choose the product group components and add it to the group.
3. Click on Done.
4. Navigate to Product group scheduler and choose product type as Unit & amount and product group as the product group that you created in step 1.
5. choose an available location and enter suitable description.
6. Click on Done.
7. Now run the batch job EXTRACTUNITAMTSTOCKCOUNT and observe that it aborts.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document