When a PO Based ASN is Received, Quantities are Populated from the PO, Not the ASN
Last updated on DECEMBER 09, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Retail Store Inventory Management - Version 13.2.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Store Inventory Management (SIM) system, we find that when receiving a Purchase Order (PO) that has an Advanced Ship Notice (ASN) attached, using "Receive all" for unexpected items (that were not present in PO but added in the ASN), the received qty is populated with zero. This happens because SIM is populating the quantities to receive from the PO, instead of from the ASN.
Steps to Recreate:
- Create a PO in RMS for Item A with a quantity of (for example) 10.
- PO is sent to SIM.
- Send an ASNIn message to SIM with item A with a quantity of 15 (different from the quantity on PO) and an additional item B with a quantity of 7.
- Navigate to Shipping/Receiving->Direct delivery in SIM PC GUI.
- Click "Create" and provide PO number.
- Select 'Yes' at the ASN prompt for the PO.
- The details of PO/shipment are shown.
- Click button "Receive All".
- Notice that:
- For item A (which was present on PO) the received qty is automatically filled in as quantity 15 (the same as on ASNIn)
- For item B (which was not present on PO) the received qty is automatically filled in as quantity 0 (the same as on PO, but not the quantity from the ASN)
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms