Invoice Fails to Post With Balancing Error Due to Decimal Rounding Issue
Last updated on DECEMBER 05, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Retail Invoice Matching - Version 13.2.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When Retail invoice Matching (ReIM) is set to use 2 decimal places, invoices with total cost ending with a '5' in the third decimal place (for example, '35.625') are failing to post. A balancing error is generated, as the value is being rounded to the lower side of second decimal. In this example, '35.625' is being rounded to '35.62' rather than '35.63', and an error similar to the following is produced:
Steps to Recreate:
1. Set IM_CURRENCY_LOCALE.CURRENCY_COST_DEC to 2.
2. Set IM_SYSTEM_OPTIONS.BALANCING_TOLERANCE = 0.
3. Create a Purchase Order (PO) for 3 units of an item with unit cost 11.875.
4. Receive the PO fully.
5. Create an invoice by entering total cost as 35.625, which gets rounded to 35.62. Default the invoice details from receipt.
6. Perform online match using Summary Match screen.
7. Run reimposting batch and notice the balancing error in IM_POSTING_DOC_ERRORS table.
8. Also, notice that the data was moved from IM_RECEIPT_ITEM_POSTING, IM_RCPT_ITEM_POSTING_INVOICE to IM_RECEIPT_ITEM_POSTING_STAGE, IM_RCPT_ITEM_POSTING_INV_STAGE table respectively though the invoice does not get posted.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms