Incorrect Charging for Data Session Consuming from Unit Balance Type When Service Discount is 100%
(Doc ID 1523567.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 12, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Communications Network Charging and Control - Version 4.4.1 to 4.4.1 [Release 4.4]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Network Charging and Control (NCC) applies an incorrect charge in the below scenario:
- A data session is triggered to Diameter Control Agent (DCA) by subscriber.
- A discount feature node used in call plan to apply 100% discount for the subscriber.
- The Balance consumed for data session is of type unit.
- The reported data usage is very low.
Sample Event Data Record (EDR):
- Huge cost (COSTS=1.19305e+07)
- Very small reported usage (DURATION=0.10)
- Discount is 100% (DISCOUNTS=1000000)
The huge cost appearing in this EDR is wrong, it is supposed to be zero as 100% discount is applied. The Voucher and Wallet Server (VWS) applies this huge cost on the balance; hence the balance, of "Unit" type, goes to a large negative value. This prevents the subscriber to start further data sessions.
System is upgraded to NCC 4.4.1
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!