Last updated on FEBRUARY 18, 2013
Applies to:Oracle Communications Network Charging and Control - Version 4.4.1 to 4.4.1 [Release 4.4]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Network Charging and Control (NCC) applies an incorrect charge in the below scenario:
- A data session is triggered to Diameter Control Agent (DCA) by subscriber.
- A discount feature node used in call plan to apply 100% discount for the subscriber.
- The Balance consumed for data session is of type unit.
- The reported data usage is very low.
Sample Event Data Record (EDR):
- Huge cost (COSTS=1.19305e+07)
- Very small reported usage (DURATION=0.10)
- Discount is 100% (DISCOUNTS=1000000)
The huge cost appearing in this EDR is wrong, it is supposed to be zero as 100% discount is applied. The Voucher and Wallet Server (VWS) applies this huge cost on the balance; hence the balance, of "Unit" type, goes to a large negative value. This prevents the subscriber to start further data sessions.
System is upgraded to NCC 4.4.1
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms