Attachment Purging Task Does Not Run Depending On The Time Application Server Was Restarted
(Doc ID 1524910.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 16, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Agile PLM Framework - Version 188.8.131.52 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Attachment Purging Task does not run depending on the time Application Server is restarted
Steps to reproduce
1. Login to Java Client as admin
2. Goto Admin tab | Settings | Server Settings | Task Configuration
3. Open Attachment Purging Task
4. Make sure it is configured as below (Below is default setting):
- Task Interval: 1440
- Task Delay Time: 0
- Task Lookback Window: 720
- Task Disabled: No
5. Create item and add attachment. Checkout and check in for about 5 times to create file to be purged
6. Logout from Java Client
7. Restart Application Server
- Attachment Purging Task run when application server is restarted between: 6:00 am - 6:00 pm GMT
- Attachment Purging Task does not run when application server is restarted between 6:00 pm - 6:00 am GMT
To confirm whether attachment purge task has run, take below options:
- Check Task Monitor from Java Client | Admin tab | Server Settings. See there is any record for "Attachment Purging Task"
- Goto File Vault and check for purge directory. See whether folder with date is created under the purge directory. If Attachment Purging Task is running, it will purge the files under this folder.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document