Monitor Balance Impact for Zero Rated Events are also Published by REL
(Doc ID 1526591.1)
Last updated on MARCH 08, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 18.104.22.168.0 to 22.214.171.124.0 [Release 7.3.0 to 7.5.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management (BRM), the Rated Event Loader (REL) publishes any monitored balance impact data to the monitor queue for 0 rated Call Data Records (CDRs).
Require these to load into the events tables, but not in the MONITOR_QUEUE_T as the data in the queue becomes huge. As a result pin_monitor_balance becomes very slow since it does an "order by" on CREATED_T.
1. Enable the Balance Monitoring
2. Create a Product with /service/telco/gsm/telephony to rate TEL usage
3. Create a Discount that will consume all the usage
4. Create an Account using the above plan, that contains both the product and the discount.
5. While creating the Account, set up Balance Monitoring in the Account with below setup for example:
6. Pass a CDR with a duration of usage that will breach the threshold. The CDR is zero rated as all the charges are consumed by the Discount.
7. Run pin_rel to load the rated output file
8. The MONITOR_QUEUE_T table gets updated
REL should not update the MONITOR_EVENT_T for zero rated CDRs.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document