PCM_OP_BILL_REVERSE Allows Multiple Reversal Of The Same Payment
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 24, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 22.214.171.124.0 to 126.96.36.199.0 [Release 7.4.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When calling PCM_OP_POL_BILL_REVERSE in different transactions if the second one starts before the first is closed then the payment is reversed twice and the bill due is incremented twice.
Payments are reversed from Siebel through AIA.
This error occurred after several attempts to revert the same payment…
Steps to replicate error:
1. Create payment for one bill
2. In testnap open transaction (open rw - <account_poid>)
3. Execute PCM_OP_POL_BILL_REVERSE to reverse payment
4. In another session of testnap open transaction (open rw - <account_poid>)
5. Execute PCM_OP_POL_BILL_REVERSE to reverse payment (this session waits for the first session to be closed)
6. Commit the first session (The second session returns output)
7. Commit the second session
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms