Account-Level Discount Not Triggered On Service-level Product Reactivation
Last updated on AUGUST 01, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 126.96.36.199.0 to 188.8.131.52.0 [Release 7.4.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
For a scenario where a customer's account will be set to inactive and then reactivated later in the day, after some maintenance is done in an external system.
In these situations, if the account in question has an account-level discount that applies to all products with a specific rate tag (regardless of service type), the discount will fire for the product purchase and when the product is inactivated (due to account/service), but not when the product is reactivated again. This happens only on non-account-level products.
Scenario: (on account creation day)
1. Purchase an account-level discount (e.g: 35%, applies to all products)
2. Add a service to the account, no deals attached to the service addition.
3. Purchase a product for that service (e.g: $15/month, cycle forward arrear, full proration, no taxes), verify that discount fires (should discount by $5.25)
4. Set account status to inactive, verify that the discount fires again, putting the $5.25 back on the account.
5. Set account status to active again.
After the account is reactivated, the discount does not fire to give the $5.25 discount again.
This causes the account to be billed incorrectly (overcharged), and yet no error message is generated to alert operations that there is a problem.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms