Upon Account Suspension, Generated Cycle_forward Event Is Ignoring Pro-ration Flag
Last updated on MARCH 07, 2013
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 22.214.171.124.0 to 126.96.36.199.0 [Release 7.4.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Product: BRM 7.4 PS13 with additional patches 13932419, 14491321, 14625687.
There are large no. of accounts purchased a product which grants a NCR of -12000 (prorated based on usage) by the MCF event. Later this gets consumed.
Once an user consumes the entire NCR, the next usages are charged (not free any more). Once the user consumes the full free NCR, if the account is suspended (means inactivating the service) after few days, then the expectation is, the MCF should give back +ve prorated value but here in this case its giving back full 12000. Hence the user is over charged.
1. Create a product with MCF in Jan 2013. Currency charge is 60 and non-currency is -12000.Keep proration setting on but for non-currency don't set the proration flag on in BI.
2. Create account A1 with that product in Jan.
3. Every month you run bill.
4. In every month, try to create some audit by changing something in the product.
5. Let's say change the currency amount to 100 once.Then commit.
6. In another month change the glid.Then commit.
7. In another month change the proration flag and set that on for non-currency resource.
8. In another month, you change the taxcode..
9. Now let's say you reach sept month.
10. Now you create a new account A2.
11. In sept month let's say 25th, you cancel the product for both A1 and A2.
12. A1 Calculation may go wrong in this scenario.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms