How to Fix the Data Corrupted by the TimeZone / DST Change
(Doc ID 1536257.1)
Last updated on MARCH 22, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 188.8.131.52.1 to 184.108.40.206.0 [Release 7.3.0 to 7.5.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When making the daylight saving time, the future billing dates did not update with the correct TimeZone.(In this example, timezone of Mexico_City).
The user had two BRM instances on two platforms, where:
- On HP-UX Itanium server, the missing OS patch has been installed, and the calculation on the time conversion was working fine.
- On Solaris server, no OS patch needed, and the issue has been corrected with the changes in cm/pin.conf:
1. Replace: - fm_rate rating_timezone default
with: - fm_rate rating_timezone America / Mexico_City
2. Comment out : # - fm_rate timezone_file sample_timezone.txt
3. Remove the TZ environment variable from .profile (this is for ksh)
But, there were data corruption already happened and data fix was required.
For example, for PIN_FLD_ACTG_FUTURE_T field:
It has been converted to (1362978000) -> Mon, 11 Mar 2013 05:00:00 GMT (UTC -5)
Whereas, the expected result should be (1362981600) Mon, 11 Mar 2013 06:00:00 GMT (UTC -6).
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document