How To Exclude Particular Charge From One Billing Time Discount
(Doc ID 1540376.1)
Last updated on JUNE 03, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 220.127.116.11.0 to 18.104.22.168.1 [Release 7.2.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
- There are 2 billing time discounts.
- SB - Billing time Split Bill discount with a flat discount amount given on the current due of customer.
- POWN - Billing time Discount which negated the due on customer bill and makes it '0'
- Having a type of adjustment named P2P which they do not want to be considered while applying split bill discount on the current due of customer. At the same time, the P2P adjustment need to be considered while applying POWN discount.
- But as per the existing system implementation, if both SB and POWN discount are present on the account, SB is of higher priority because of which it will be applied first with respect to current due amount and after applying discount if any due is left on customer bill, then POWN is applied on it and the due becomes '0'.
- Both the calls are made by a single call to PCM_OP_ACT_USAGE with the current due which picks the 2 real time discounts and applies discount amount according to priority.
- Here the issue is, when sending current due excluding P2P for SB discount, the same due is considered for POWN as well because of which after the discount application, the P2P adjustment remains outstanding on the customer bill. But as per POWN discount, the bill should be '0'.
- Since, control to both SB and POWN are from one single opcode call, one cannot exclude the P2P adjustment from one single discount application.
Is there a way out to implement the same where in the discounts of same event type with priority can be applied, one excluding the P2P charge and one including the P2P charge.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document