Last updated on FEBRUARY 05, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Retail Allocation - Version 13.2.3 to 13.2.5 [Release 13.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Allocation quantities are being generated for items where the item/location status is 'Inactive'.
Allocation is not respecting item/location status when calculating allocation quantities. Users are receiving the possible invalid item/location message when creating the allocation. However, if the item status is 'inactive' for a store and the store has actual need (sales during the history period defined on the rule screen), it is still generating an allocation quantity. We would expect that the allocations exclude the items where Item/Location Status is 'Inactive'.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. In allocation.properties, have the below value:
location_exception_reasons_product_sourced=C D I NULL
2. Run a query to identify items where item/location status is set to 'I' and item location has sales data
3. Login to Allocation and select What-If as Source then click on Search for Items to Allocate button.
4. Enter a SKU meeting the criteria in step 1 and click on Search. Item Info is displayed on bottom of the form.
5. In the Review Items Screen Enter a Release Date and click Next. The Select Locations screen is displayed
6. In the Store field enter the location number meeting the criteria in step 1 and click on Add.
7. Repeat step 6 and add a second location (meeting the criteria in step 1)
8. Click on Next button. The error message 'All item/locations on this allocation are invalid and will not produce allocation quantities'. Click OK to close the box.
9. Click on Location List LOV and select a list then click Add. (Note: Make sure list does not contain the 2 stores already on the allocation)
10. Click on Next. You now receive message 'Some item/location(s) on this allocation are invalid and will not produce allocation quantities. Click OK to view invalid item/location(s). The window pop-up's to display Possible invalid item/locations. You should see the 2 stores appear on the list.
11. Click Next. The Select Rule screen is displayed.
12. Select Need Type of 'Gross' and select All option for Sales Type
13. Enter Start and End Dates to define the sales history period to use. Make sure you use a period or periods from query in Step 1
14. Click on Calculate. Once completed click on the Allocation to display Allocation Summary.
15. Click on Allocation Details to displayed.
You should now see that allocated quantities are generated for the 2 stores. Click Apply then Save to return to Summary. This should not happen if the status is Inactive; the combination of Item/Location should not get any allocation.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms