Pin_rerate Generates Duplicate Recurring Charges
(Doc ID 1546274.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 25, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 184.108.40.206.0 to 220.127.116.11.0 [Release 7.4.0 to 7.5.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
If pin_rerate is used to rerate events which have been provisioned, it creates new recurring charges without adjusting the old recurring charge.
1. Set PVT to Jan 4th 2013
2. Change the following parameters in cm's pin.conf file before replicating the issue
- fm_bill calc_cycle_from_cycle_start_t 1
- fm_subscription rate_change 1
- fm_bill delay_cycle_fees 1
3. Provision a new account/service/deal/product with start date Nov 1st 2012 and DOM 4
Assuming the product is $200/month.
This will create 3x$200 MRCs for the 3 months Nov 4->Feb 4 plus a prorated MRC for the period Nov 1->Nov 4.
4. Advance PVT to Feb 4th 2013
5. Run billing
This will create a further 1x$200 MRC for Feb 4->Mar 4.
7. Use Customer Center to disconnect the deal with effective date of Feb 1
This create $200CR MRC credit for Feb 4->Mar 4 plus prorated MRC credit for $19.35CR for the period Feb 1->Feb 4.
8. Run pin_rerate for the period Feb 4 through Mar 4 for this product with 'pin_rerate -t 02/04/2013 -p products.txt -r'
Amount due $819.35, Bill in-progress of $219.35 and adjustment of -$200
Here only an event of $200CR is applied for rerating but $200DR which was supposed to happen is not applied.
pin_rerate will create an shadow adjustment for $200CR for the event for the period Feb 4->Mar 4.
However, pin_rerate does not create a shadow adjustment for $200DR for the disconnection event for the period Feb 4->Mar 4 as the end_t for this event is Feb 1 (which is prior to the cutoff date for pin_rerate).
If pin_rerate was run with a cutoff date of 02/01/2012, it would avoid this problem. But, pin_rerate should always generate new and old charges for the same period regardless of the date chosen for the pin_rerate tool.
In a large billing system there will always be some events that have backdated disconnections where the disconnect date is less than the cutoff date but a charge which has been credited has an earned start date after the cutoff date.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document