Last updated on SEPTEMBER 26, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 22.214.171.124.0 to 126.96.36.199.0 [Release 7.4.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Product: BRM 7.4 MS1 + patches, especially patch 13560384
The system is configured to create a separate tax event for write-offs, and is finding that in some cases the amounts in journal_t.cr_ar_net_amt and journal_t.cr_ar_tax_amt for a write-off entry are not correct. The total of the two amounts is correct, but the individual amounts are not.
This does not happen on every write-off. The tax and charge (generic term) amounts agree everywhere else in the database except on the write-off journal entry (and then in ledger_report_accts_t when pin_ledger_report is run).
This causes general ledger reporting not to reconcile correctly when a write-off is done (sometimes).
1. Pick an active account that has charges due on it
2. Move time to its BDOM, run billing normally
3. Set account status to inactive
4. Run a query on event_bal_impacts to get a list and total of all tax events that would be written off; save for future reference.
5. Write the account off, using Customer Center, and check the box to create a separate tax event.
1. Check the write-off entry in the journal table against the tax sum from above. They should match if everything is working as designed. The other charges should also match as well.
2. Check the tax sum from above against the balance impacts created in the write-off events. Again they should match.
The system has MPS1 with some various patches applied. A critical one for this test is 13560384; without this patch the separate event will not be created. This is the only configuration needed for this separate event to be created, other than checking the box. You could do this via straight opcode call in testnap as well; just be sure to set the pin_fld_flags appropriately.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms