How to Reset BCC Admin-User Password After Changing Password Encryption Method
Last updated on DECEMBER 22, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Commerce Platform - Version 10.1.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
You may inadvertently create a situation in which you are locked out of the BCC. This can happen if the following sequence of events occur:
- You install ATG and initialize the internal-user accounts with CIM using the default configuration, SaltedDigestPasswordHasher.
- You want to change the password hashing to the pre-10.1.1 md5 hashing.
- When you add the md5 layer and assemble a new EAR file, the InternalPropertyManager.passwordHasher is set to use the DigestPasswordHasher, which is correct.
- But because CIM initiated the accounts using the SaltedDigestPasswordHasher, the admin user's password is encoded with salted hashing, so there is no way to login after starting the application with the md5 layer.
- When you run the Admin.Reset module against your BCC instance, the BCC admin user's password is not reset, so you are locked out of the BCC.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms