Inventory Adjustment Creation Messages Failing With 'No Viable Warehouse for Distribution' Error
Last updated on FEBRUARY 09, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Retail Warehouse Management System - Version 12.0.10 and later
Oracle Retail Merchandising System - Version 12.0.10 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Inventory adjustment messages are failing with the below error when returning a cross-docked container to stock which contains items from another container with a different Purchase Order (PO) Number.
These messages are published from Retail Warehouse Management System (RWMS) system and are failing to subscribe into Retail Merchandising System (RMS).
Steps to Reproduce:
- Create two PO's. For example: PO1 & Item1 for 10 units and PO2 & ITEM2 for 3 units.
- Create two PREDIST orders, one for each PO all going to the same store.
- Create appointment and print receiving labels (two containers should be cross-docked).
- Receive the containers.
- Navigate to Split Container and scan the first container as the 'From' and the second container as the 'To'. Enter quantity to move a few of the units from the container (e.g., 2 units).
- Check the To container; it now has items that are not included in the CONTAINER.PO_NBR.
- Return the To container to stock. This results in the inventory adjustment error message at RMS consuming side.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms