Inventory Adjustment Creation Messages Failing With 'No Viable Warehouse for Distribution' Error
(Doc ID 1548944.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 28, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Retail Warehouse Management System - Version 12.0.10 and later
Oracle Retail Merchandising System - Version 12.0.10 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Inventory adjustment messages are failing with the below error when returning a cross-docked container to stock which contains items from another container with a different Purchase Order (PO) Number.
These messages are published from Retail Warehouse Management System (RWMS) system and are failing to subscribe into Retail Merchandising System (RMS).
Steps to Reproduce:
- Create two PO's. For example: PO1 & Item1 for 10 units and PO2 & ITEM2 for 3 units.
- Create two PREDIST orders, one for each PO all going to the same store.
- Create appointment and print receiving labels (two containers should be cross-docked).
- Receive the containers.
- Navigate to Split Container and scan the first container as the 'From' and the second container as the 'To'. Enter quantity to move a few of the units from the container (e.g., 2 units).
- Check the To container; it now has items that are not included in the CONTAINER.PO_NBR.
- Return the To container to stock. This results in the inventory adjustment error message at RMS consuming side.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document