Non Currency Resources Given one Month in Advance are Wrongly Prorated If the Deal Is Purchased With Future End Date Set 2 or More Months Later
(Doc ID 1552420.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 24, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 22.214.171.124.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
This problem happens when "Non Currency resources" are configured from the product rate plan, with no proration, and to be given one month in advance. When the deal is purchased with a "Cycle End" date equal or later than 2 months (this is done through the "Customize Products" customization during the purchase), a proration is applied to the provided free resources amount where it shouldn't (that is the "Cancel proration").
To reproduce this problem, do the following :
- Make sure the Billing Cycle DOM (Day of the Month)is set to the 1st of each Month (Edit the cm process pin.confand set the appropriate - fm_cust_pol actg_dom 1 value)
- Create a Productwhich
- Contains a Monthly Cycle Forward Event.
- Which Rate Plan charges one month In Advance ...
- ... and Charge for the entire cycle for both Purchase and Cancel Prorations.
- Which assigns a non currency resource like Free Domestic Minutes, for instance -60.00.
- Include the Product into a Deal then a Plan so it can be purchased.
- Create a New Account (this is to purchase the deal) and immediately purchase the Plan, be careful to:
- Set the Purchase, Cycle and Usage Start Dates to a defined date, say 11 Jan 2012 for instance.
- Set the Purchase, Cycle and Usage End Dates to a date later by at least 2 months, for instance 11 Mar 2012.
Run pin_bill_day to a date later than the product End date.
The result should look similar to the following:
Customer Center -> Balance -> Non-Currency (select the resource)
It shows that the last cycle is prorated, so the MCF amount is adjusted to the number of days through the cycles (In this example from 1st of Mar to 11 of Mar)
This problem is discovered in Billing and Revenue Management (BRM) 7.4 PS 13. Therefore, any change to this version of software may involve this problem, unless it is patched with the appropriate software.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document