Price Changes Not Always Generated For Secondary Area Differentials
(Doc ID 1554837.1)
Last updated on MARCH 02, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Retail Price Management - Version 13.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Checked for relevance on 12-May-2017
On : 13.2.5 version, Pricing Strategies
When using an Area Differential strategy to generate price changes for secondary zones, you observe that price changes are not always generated for the secondary zones.
Steps to Recreate:
- Login to RPM.
- Navigate to Pricing Strategy > Create Pricing Strategy screen.
- Create the pricing strategy with primary and secondary zones with auto approve indicator =1 and save it.
- Navigate to Price Changes > Create Price Change screen.
- Create a lot of Primary zone level Price Changes that are supposed to generate area differential price changes.
- Setup the Bulk Conflict Checking LUW so that these Price Changes (when all tried to be approved at the same time) will be process by the number of threads that are bigger than the available threads that is set in the RPMTaskMDB.
- Approve all price changes at the same times.
- Notice that some of the price changes that are approved on the second round (e.g. the approval process generate 14 threads and the RPMTaskMDB is set with max thread of 8, then what I meant with the second round is the last 6 threads to be processed by the MDB) will have no Area differential PC generated.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document