Double Settlement On A Single Event Level Dispute Cause Incorrect Account Balance
(Doc ID 1556429.1)
Last updated on MARCH 21, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 188.8.131.52.0 to 184.108.40.206.0 [Release 7.4.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In production system, sometimes there are double settlements (deny) on a single dispute item. It seems to be caused by two agents deny the same dispute parallelly.
Below is the test case:
1) Place an order (or purchase a product) and do a bill_now or run billing to generate $21.67 bill B1-8125.
2) Open Customer Center (CC#1), do an event level dispute on B1-8125,1.
3) Open another Customer Center (CC#2), pull out the outstanding dispute (unresolved dispute) and prepare for settle (deny) the dispute.
4) From CC#1, deny the dispute, but do not submit it yet
5) From CC#2, deny the dispute. Submit it.
6) From CC#1, submit the deny action.
It ends up with two deny events (and two items), which is incorrect.
This is causing the account balance to be incorrect and also causing the accounting variance for reconciliation.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document