A Balance Type Credit Expiring During a VWS Charging Session is Not Properly Consumed
(Doc ID 1559618.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 26, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Communications Network Charging and Control - Version 5.0.0 to 5.0.0 [Release 5.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Two (or more) Balance Types can be configured in a Balance Type Cascade and can therefore be used to charge a service.
It is possible that the first Balance Type in the cascade expires during the charging session. In that case, it is expected that
- The confirmed reservations (already committed) and the ongoing reservation (the last granted) stay valid.
- Any new reservation goes to the next Balance Type in the cascade (if any) : no more reservation can be made on the - now expired - Balance Type.
- The costs bared by a Balance Type before it expired during the session remain on the expired Balance Type.
- The costs bared by the next - non expired - Balance Type in the cascade to continue the session goes on that next Balance Type.
- A "mid-session expiry EDR" (CDR_TYPE=3 with the tag STATUS=UNRESERVED_BALANCE_EXPIRED) is created when a Balance Type expires in the middle of a session and when createEdrForReservedExpiredBuckets is enabled.
Various types of symptoms may happen depending on the specific scenario, for example :
- The Balance Type is not expired at all during the session.
- The Balance Type is correctly expired during the session and the next Balance Type in the cascade used to continue the session, but the total cost is deducted from the first Balance Type only.
- The Balance Type is correctly expired during the session and the next Balance Type in the cascade used to continue the session, but the total cost is deducted from the second Balance Type only.
- No mid-session EDR is created when a Balance Type expires during the session.
This problem is discovered in Oracle Communication Network Charging and Control (OCNCC) 5.0
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document