The Control Plan Editor (CPE) is Slow and Unresponsive After Adding Sub-Control Plan Nodes (SCPN) to a Control Plan
Last updated on OCTOBER 18, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Communications Network Charging and Control - Version 5.0.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Adding Sub-Control Plan Nodes (SCPN) to the Contol Plan Editor (CPE) canvas causes the CPE to become slow and unresponsive, with delays increasing significantly as more and more SCPNs are added to a control plan.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Add SPCN to a control plan and configure it.
- CPE slowness becomes noticable as soon as:
- a node or note is re-sized
- a node is saved
- an exit is modified
- Adding more SCPNs greatly increases the CPE's unresponsiveness.
- The only way to know that the CPE is usable again is when its Inspector panel starts changing as you move the cursor over node exits, etc.
The impact of this is that once one or more SCPN nodes are added to a control plan, it rapidly becomes impossible to efficiently use the CPE to modify the control plan, with delays rapidly spiralling up to massive lengths.
Installing or upgrading to NCC versions 126.96.36.199 or 188.8.131.52 (Intrepid Patch set 1 or 2).
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms