Discount Greater than 100% Allowed but Capped to 100%; however Refund After Cancellation Was Not Capped
Last updated on JULY 24, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 188.8.131.52.0 to 184.108.40.206.0 [Release 7.3.0 to 7.5.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The issue was with the scenario where an amount more than charge was refunded and was not limited to the "System Discount" alone.
To create this discount with more than 100% the customer use the ERA :
1. You create an ERA as a provision tag.
2. You add this provision tag on your discount.
3. And when you provision this discount you add this promotion with an amount set the amount to 4200% intead of 42 %.
Alternatively, below steps can be used to reproduce the issue in OOTB setup:-
1. Configure a discount to give more than 50% discount on charge (say 60%) on an event (say monthly cycle forward).
2. After customer creation (without discounts) purchase 2 quantity of the discount (giving 60% discount).
3. During purchase you can observe a discount of 100% is granted (not 120%)
4. Cancel the discounts on the same day.
5. A refund of 120% is observed instead of 100%.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms