Credit Limit Resource Synchronization Issue Between Pipeline And CM
(Doc ID 1562476.1)
Last updated on MARCH 14, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 188.8.131.52.0 to 184.108.40.206.0 [Release 7.5.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Credit limit functionality enabled for pipeline and realtime rating, since the business requirement is to monitor a specific resource regardless of the rating type (in this particular case, usage events are rated with the batch rating, while recurring & one-off fee are rated with real-time engine).
Service has credit floor -100 and threshold on -50 on resource.
Below are the steps for for the issue reproduction:
1. Starting resource balance: -100
2. Balance impact on resource in pipeline for 40. Resource value in pipeline: -60, resource value in CM: -100
3. Usage is not yet loaded to DB by pin_rel and there is event which impact resource for 30 in CM and notification is sent to pipeline about resource change. Resource value in pipeline: -30, resource value in CM: -70
4. Usage rated in point 2 is loaded. Resource value in pipeline: -30, resource value in CM: -30. No events Notification is getting generated because usage is loaded using sqlldr.
This limitation occurs only when:
- If both the usage and non-usage events taken individually, are not enough to breach a specific threshold (while their sum do)
- If the non-usage event arrives exactly between the rating and loading into BRM DB of the usage event.
Please also consider that:
- The pin_rel is executed right after the pipeline rating but a small delay can occur. If an event is rated by real-time pipeline in this delay (as explained above) the alert is not generated
- The real-time rating cannot stopped every time that pin_rel has to load some events on the DB.
Please investigate the issue and clarify the reason of event notification not getting generated and explain how it can be solved.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document