Wrong Stock-On-Hand Calculation in Case of Late-Posted Sales, After Stock Count Has Been Processed
Last updated on JANUARY 18, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Retail Merchandising System - Version 13.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When a late Sales transaction is posted into RMS, such that a stock count has already been performed and variance adjusted for the location, the ITEM_LOC_SOH table STOCK_ON_HAND column is still updated.
The expected behavior in this case is that if the sales date is before the stock count was performed, the stock on hand should not be updated.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create a stock count request.
2. Run stkupd batch to take a snapshot of the current inventory.
3. Run stkupld batch to upload the physical count to the STAKE_SKU_LOC table.
4. Create a Unit and Variance Adjustment through the RMS stkfind screen for the cycle count.
5. Run Stkvar batch such that the ITEM_LOC_SOH table is updated with the counted quantity.
6. Run posupld batch to upload sales with the sales date as the date before the stock count was performed.
7. Check the ITEM_LOC_SOH table. The STOCK_ON_HAND is changed.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms