SPP Memory Based Forecaster (MSCFCS) Errors With “Panic Failed To Pthread_mutex_destroy() EBUSY” and "Program exited with status -1"
(Doc ID 1566349.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 18, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Service Parts Planning - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On 12.1.3 Service Parts Planning / Memory Based Forecaster (MSCFCS)
When running an SPP plan to generate an inline forecast for 50+ parts, the Memory Based Forecaster (MSCFCS) errors with the following:
Panic failed to pthread_mutex_destroy() EBUSY
Program exited with status -1
In addition, no forecast is generated for the plan. The Memory Based Planner (for supply) continues on and succeeds. The only way that has been found to avoid the error is to reduce the number of items forecasted. Depending on the number of items attempted to forecast, sometimes ALL MSCFCS concurrent requests error, sometimes only a couple error. Currently, a successful forecast has only been generated when using 18 items.
-- Steps To Reproduce:
Customer states the issue can be reproduced at will at customer site with the following steps:
1. Create a forecast rule (base_rule) using “usage history” and the Holt model. Set horizon to 24 months for history, 12 months for forecast.
2. Create a Simulation Set (name = SARBU) and add 50+ items to the set. Update the Forecast Rule = base_rule
3. Create an SPP plan (name = SA-TST) and assign the simulation set SARBU to the plan.
4. Set profile option “MSO: Number of processes for Inline Forecast” = 5
5. Run the SPP plan and the Memory Based Forecaster errors.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document