Last updated on SEPTEMBER 24, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 184.108.40.206.0 to 220.127.116.11.0 [Release 7.4.0 to 7.5.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
PCM_OP_SUBSCRIPTION_PURCHASE_FEES opcode is being used to apply any differed purchase fees for a product with an expired purchase start time.
If an account has two differed purchased products in purchased_product_t where:
- One of them is having just expired purchase start time and ready to be processed by pin_cycle_fees
- The other one is still with future purchase start date
This opcode is updating the flags field in purchased_product_t for both purchased products instead of updating only purchased product having expired purchase start time.
Because of the flags updated with PIN_PROD_PURCHASE_CHARGED for future dated purchased product as well, we are getting "Cannot change purchase_start_t either to backdated date or future date once purchase fees is already applied" error when we try to change the start date from future date to some current date for future dated purchased product.
Please find below the steps to reproduce this issue (dates are in dd.mm.yyyy format):-
1) 01.03.2013 - Create a paying customer account without any deals and create non paying subscription account with two monthly arrear charging deals to start in future on 01.06.2013 and 01.04.2013 respectively (here flags field is set to 0 for both deals)
2) 01.04.2013 - Do billing (here flags field for deal starting on 01.04.2013 is set to 2 and for deal starting from 01.06.2013 remains as 0)
3) 10.04.2013 - run pin_cycle_fees with "-purchase" option (Here issue is that flags of deal starting from 01.06.2013 is also updated to 1 instead of only updating flags of deal starting from 01.04.2013 to 3)
4) 10.04.2013 - Try to change the start date of deal initially starting from 01.06.2013 to 01.04.2013 - Here we are getting the "Cannot change purchase_start_t either to backdated date or future date once purchase fees is already applied" error since flags for this deal is already set to 1 even though its start date is still in future (01.06.2013)
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms