Threshold Notification Functionality
(Doc ID 1569295.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 25, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 220.127.116.11.0 to 18.104.22.168.0 [Release 7.5.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
With respect to a customer requested feature, to send SMS notification when a given percent of free resources are used up. requirements are the following:
- Send SMS notification each time when 60, 80, 100% of free resources (may sometimes need to be prorated) provided to the customer are used up for the current month.
- Send final threshold SMS notification when the first two thresholds, 60, 80% are reached within one CDR (send only one notification on 80% in this case).
- Skip SMS notification in case of rerating
- SMS notification is sent upon reaching the first threshold (e.g. used up 60%).
- Afterwards, the free resource volume changes (reduces) following a product change/suspension. In such case, send SMS only for the second threshold (80%), and not the first one already used (e.g. 60% already used).
Free resource is provided for the first 100MB.
When free resource of 60MB is used, send SMS that free resource of 60% has been used. The customer changes product and free resource volume changes to 50MB based on proration. In such case, do not send SMS when he/she uses up 60% (or free resource of 20MB). Instead, send SMS when the 80% (or 10MB) is used up.
Current feature in OOTB BRM is that SMS notification can only be sent when free resources used reach certain percentages of fixed values, 60, 80 or 100% each month.
With respect to the Use Case above, customer subscribes to a product that provides a monthly free resource of 100MB near the end of the month, and his prorated free resource is 4MB.
In BRM, SMS notification can only be sent when free resources used reach certain percentages of fixed values, e.g. 40MB(60%), 20MB(80%), therefore, for this use case, a user will not be able to receive an SMS notification when he consumes his resources up to 60%, 80%.
Do the requirements above require a BRM core product enhancements, or is there any alternative solution for the same to be achieved?
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document