Missing Transaction in Database When Transaction Is Performed in Back Office (BO) at Same Time of Sale in Point of Service (POS)
(Doc ID 1571253.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 18, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Retail Back Office - Version 12.0.9IN and later
Oracle Retail Point-of-Service - Version 12.0.9IN and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
A transaction goes missing from the database when a transaction is done in Back Office (BO) at the same time as sale in Point of Service (POS). Another symtom is that duplicate transaction sequence numbers are generated by the POS application.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Open Store from Back Office.
2. Open a register (i.e., 129) in Back Office.
3. Open Till 001 for the register and Operator <pos> from BO.
4. Select F3 POS.
5. Enter login details of user <user1>.
6. Select Yes at the prompt to insert Till 001.
7. Complete a sale transaction.
8. Close Till 001 from POS.
9. Log in as Operator <user2> from POS.
10. Open Till 002.
11. Complete a sale transaction.
12. Enter another item in sale screen but do not tender.
13. Log in to Back office as <pos> user.
14. Reconcile Till 001. Note that a new transaction with TY_TRN=11 is inserted (while 11 is for till close).
15. In POS, add item to sale screen while logged in as <user2> and complete the transaction. The receipt is printed and transaction is NOT saved to database.
JL_ENR for the transaction created in step 14 has the content of the missing transaction.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document